Monday, October 4, 2010

strange obsession

One aspect of the guestudio that I fretted over for a long time was the flooring. I knew I wanted a hardwood floor, and that I wanted it to be light in color, and it had to be rustic-looking. After much searching and consideration, I finally decided on some lovely handscraped flooring from Lumber Liquidators. It is birch ("Matterhorn Birch" by Virginia Millworks, to be exact), and it is exactly what I was looking for. I'm a bit obsessed with it, actually. I love it. The natural variation, the character, the charm - I find it... inspiring.



If you would like to see a timeline-style view of the guestudio construction, head on over to my Flicker page here. We're getting there!

3 comments:

Jain said...

Heather, obsession understood! We got handscraped dark oak from LL 2 years ago and it's holding up great. Your choice is better for showing dust but I love mine just the same.
Love your flickr work-in-progress, too!

Kelly said...

...it's a beautiful floor!! It will be a great guest room/studio. I'd be tempted to keep it for myself as a studio only! :-)

Heather said...

Jain - I'm glad to hear of another positive LL experience. Thanks for sharing that.

Kelly - It's tempting to keep it all to myself, but I am happy to share it with family and friends.