Sunday, September 26, 2010

Autumn collages

This seems to be a good year for nuts (last year was not so good). The Hickories and Buckeyes in our yard are really dropping them like crazy. I stood in a spot in our driveway today and counted at least 25 buckeyes on the ground within a 2-foot radius. They are all so beautiful and perfect. I want to collect every single one of them! I'm glad it's a good year for nuts, though - that means there should be plenty of winter food for the squirrels and chipmunks and such.


The trees are turning slowly but surely, and several super windy days have brought a lot of leaves tumbling to the ground. As the fallen leaves dry out and turn brown, there's still a little bit of color to be appreciated among the wildflowers and my potted plants. The asters are really showy right now - I love it.


Work continues on the guestudio. I'll share some more photos with you all in the near future.

P.S. All of today's photos taken with a Nikon D5000 that was graciously loaned to me by one of my co-workers. It's a pretty sweet camera! Thanks, Mike!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors, and the photos are beautiful. I always enjoy your work. You have a great blog and I always enjoy viewing your photos. Keep up the great work.

Andy said...

Great photo essay.

Judy said...

So glad I am not the only one with a need to collect all the horse chestnuts in sight! I only found out last year they are called buckeyes!

ruthi said...

awesome! great mosaic.