Monday, December 29, 2008

Words on a page

Today during my perusal of various blogs, I learned about wordle from Wren. It's a pretty cool online tool that generates word clouds from text you provide, or from a URL that you provide. As it says on the wordle site, "[t]he clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text."

I plugged in the URL of my blog, and this is what came back:


(Click on the images to see them full-size in the Wordle gallery)

These are just 2 versions of the same content. It's pretty fun. And geesh, I guess I use the word "little" a lot when I post on this blog! I never knew!

I think it could be neat to plug in some well-worn quotes for a different visual effect.

Thanks for sharing this, Wren! I encourage you all to give it a spin - I think you'll like it. Maybe plug in your life list or your last week's Project Feederwatch list? Just throwin' some ideas out there. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

This is neat! I think I use the word "little" a lot too... lol!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!

Laura W. said...

How random.....I liked my word cloud very much. What did we do before the internet??