Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Daffodil experiment

This is a daffodil photo I took a few springs ago.


I messed with it some in the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) to make the colors a little deeper and richer, especially that blue/purple color in the background. I don't usually like to do a lot of "processing" to my pictures, but this one actually benefited from it quite a bit, in my opinion.



I messed with it a little more, adding a ripple effect.



Then I put the ripples on the horizontal.
What do you think?

6 comments:

The Early Birder said...

Hi Heather. Ok up to No.3 which might be a new hybrid but then my eyes went fuzzy.

Kelly said...

...almost like a reflection in the water!

NW Nature Nut said...

I like photo #2, that purple in the background is nice. Um, the last one looks like you took pinking shears to it, LOL!

Shellmo said...

# 2 is my favorite. #4 looked like I had to adjust my t.v. set! but I love playing around w/ photos too!

North West Birds said...

Cool flowers! The last one seems like a reflection in the water.

Heather said...

Frank - Hmmm, virtual flower hybrids... that's an interesting idea...

Kelly - Yes, I thought the same thing!

Michele - If I remember correctly, the purple in the background is actually a tulip that got blurred out due to the shallow depth of field.

Shelley - #2 is my favorite too. Sorry for the "technical difficulties" - hee hee!

North West Birds - Thanks!