Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Give the gift of life

I gave blood today.


Something to keep in mind is that there are some folks out there who want to donate, but can't for one reason or another (I couldn't donate for a few years after I came back from France on the off-chance that I had come in to contact with Mad Cow disease or something like that). So, all the more reason to go out there and do it if you are physically able. And, it just makes you feel good!

Call your local Red Cross office, or visit the American Red Cross online, for more information.

Go ahead, be a hero - save a life.

2 comments:

RuthieJ said...

You Go Girl!
I've been donating blood since the late 70's (probably before you were born, right?) and got my 13-gallon pin (104 pints) at my last donation in September (and that was even with deferments for tattoos and piercings). Now I'm working towards that 200 pints goal!

Heather said...

Wow Ruthie, 13 gallons? That's awesome! I'm pretty sure my dad earned his 10 gallon pin years ago (he's the one who inspired me to donate). I've barely given 3 gallons, but I'll keep going, 1 pint at a time.