Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thoughtful Thanksgiving Thursday

Inspiration can come from the strangest places. For example, I was on Zappos.com the other day, my favorite place to buy shoes online, when I noticed at the bottom of each page they list a "Zappos core value". I clicked on the link, and was taken to their list of top 10 principles used to make their business a better place and to better serve their customers. How cool is that? It got me to thinking, and I agree with every single principle on their list. Then I wondered: what would my own list look like? The results are below. Sorry Zappos, but some of them ring too true with me to change the wording, so I just borrowed yours.



Heather of the Hills Top 10 Core Values (for all the world to see and not necessarily in particular order):
  1. Seek out the beauty of the world - then share it with someone else
  2. Embrace Change
  3. Create Fun, and A Little Weirdness
  4. Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
  5. Pursue Personal Growth and Learning
  6. Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
  7. Give of Yourself as much as you can
  8. Do the Best you can with What you've got
  9. Be Passionate and Determined
  10. Be Humble
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

RuthieJ said...

Thanks for sharing the beauty of the world with us. Those are 10 good core values we could all work towards adopting (at least me anyway)