Friday, April 17, 2009

Shooting the Hills

Well folks, today is the day. The Shoot the Hills photo competition will officially begin at 1pm today, and will run for 24 hours. Then we will have until 4pm on Saturday to select the photos we want to enter, copy them onto our submission CD and turn them into the judges. Then we get to wait 24 more hours until the awards ceremony at 4pm on Sunday.

I plan to kill some of those 24 hours of waiting by taking pictures of raptors and other critters at the nature center late Saturday afternoon, and kayaking on Lake Logan with Dave early Sunday.

The weather forecast sounds next to perfect, and I'm looking forward to getting out there and capturing some great nature photos.

I'll surely have plenty of images to share from the weekend come early next week. I'll get caught up with you then!


The artist in her element

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Have fun Heather! Can't wait to see the photos you take at the competition! And I'm envious you're going kayaking...I'm tempted to take mine out today...

Kelly said...

...good luck and have fun. The weather is going to be perfect! ..I .like your creative mirror shot!

Monika said...

What a great idea for a photo contest. I look forward to seeing your results!

Heather said...

Shelley - Thanks, it was a blast. The judging is tomorrow. The kayaking may get canceled, though, due to time constraints and weather.

Kelly - Thank you! Yes, the weather was indeed absolutely perfect - couldn't have asked for any better.

Monika - I'll give more background about the contest soon, but it is a great idea, and fun to boot. I saw quite a few repeat entrants from last year.