I received a phone message today from the reservations specialist at the Wilds stating that the camp may be canceled due to lack of interest. What a bummer! As of now the camp is still on, but if by next Friday, May 22nd, they have not received enough registrations, they will cancel the camp.
So, to all you Ohio birders out there: If you don't already have plans for May 29-31 and you'd like a chance to increase your birding by ear skills, this is the place for you to be! Our own Jim McCormac (of Ohio Birds and Biodiversity) will be one of the leaders at the camp. Here's a brief idea of what you can expect of the weekend:
"Come one, come all! Classes & activities are available for beginner, intermediate, and expert birders.
- Learn from regional experts on birding research and sound ID
- Find new list birds for the un-birded Wilds
- Birding by canoe
- Bird banding demo
- Enjoy quiet nights around a campfire
- Attract hawks with broadcasts
- Search for owls and whippoorwills after dark
- Explore the lands of the Wilds and AEP
- Four catered meals provided by the Wilds' restaurant (Sat morning to Sun morning)
- Bunk in Mongolian yurts for 2 nights (modern showerhouse is available)"